The Lappan from 1467/68 is regarded as Oldenburg’s main landmark. Formerly the bell tower of the Heilig-Geist Chapel, today it is a popular meeting place in the city centre.
Since 1893 the Oldenburg State Theatre with its dome has been a prominent feature of the cityscape and is an impressive reminder of the age of counts and dukes.
Old Town Hall
The Old Town Hall is regarded as the most original building from the Gründerzeit, also due to its triangular form. It is still home to the offices of the Lord Mayor and to the political parties of the city council today.