This year, in MobileHCI’20, as a part of “Diversity and Inclusion” program, we aim to broaden the international horizons of our community. In particular, we want to strengthen the ties with members from continents that so far had fewer participation at the conference. To this end, we award 10 fellowships to PhD students from these continents.
Recipients of the award get the following:
- Free registration to the conference;
- Free registration at one of workshops at the conference;
- The opportunity to meet senior members of the MobileHCI community, such as chairs of this year’s conference.
To be eligible, you need to meet the following requirements:
- You are a PhD student that is enrolled for a graduate study program (or PhD program) in one of the following continents at the time of the application deadline:
- You have not attended the MobileHCI conference in the past
- Your research focuses on a topic that is relevant to the MobileHCI community, and would benefit from feedback from this community, as detailed in your SOP.
How to apply (Deadline: 20 September 2020)
To apply, the following information needs to be submitted by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- A statement of purpose in which the applicant details why they should be awarded a grant, given their research focus, career trajectory, and the eligibility criteria (max 2 pages).
- A concise version of your curriculum vitae (max 2 pages).
- An explicit statement in which the student confirms that if they are awarded the fellowship, that they will attend the conference.
- A document that certifies that you are currently enrolled as a PhD student at your University.
The information should be submitted by e-mail as a single PDF file.