MobileHCI is committed to providing an inclusive environment and we will do our best to accommodate requests for assistance. This page describes the accessibility features of MobileHCI2020, to help you make an informed decision about whether the conference will be accessible to you. Please contact us if your question is not answered here, or if the conference arrangements as described are not enough to allow you to attend.
This year’s MobileHCI will be held virtually. You will be able to join the conference remotely. This will mitigate some accessibility challenges that we face in the usual physical conference setting. For instance, challenges in attending the conference due to physical accessibility barriers or strong sensory stimuli from the venue’s physical environment should be minimal. But the fully virtual conference can introduce new challenges, such as the accessibility of online platforms to connect to the conference. We will work with you to the best of our ability, to make the conference accessible.
- How do I communicate accessibility needs to MobileHCI organizers?
- Who do I ask if my question is not answered here?
- What technologies will be used for the virtual conference?
- Will sign language interpretation or captioning be available?
- Can a student volunteer assist me during the conference?
- What are the arrangements for presenters with accessibility needs?
- Will speakers and audience members asking questions be using a microphone?