Call for Student Volunteers
As a student volunteer (SV), you are the face of the conference. You will assist chairs, speakers, and attendees. You will play a key role in making the conference a success.
Become an SV
SVs are essential to the success of the MobileHCI conference. Being an SV provides great opportunities to attend and network! In return for help at the conference, SVs receive a number of benefits. We are now seeking motivated SVs for MobileHCI 2019. The enrollment of SV lottery is open on Jan. 31, 2019. Please go to http://chisv.org/mobilehci19 to submit your application. The deadline for the enrollment is May 10, 2019.
Volunteers must be undergraduate, Master’s, or Ph.D. students during the Fall semester of the 2019 academic year. All students, regardless of discipline, are encouraged to apply.
What will I do when I volunteer?
- Complete 12 hours of volunteer work at the conference during October 1 – 4
- Show up on time to tasks
- Attend an orientation session on Sept. 30 (Monday) evening
What do I get in return as an SV?
- Free conference registration, including the meals provided by the conference registrations
- An awesome MobileHCI 2019 SV T-shirt
- A fabulous SV thank-you party at Oct. 4 (Friday)
- A chance to meet and network with established members in the community as well as your student peers.
- SV lottery enrollment open: Jan. 31, 2019
- SV lottery close: May 10, 2019
- Announce results: May 20, 2019
Please note that MobileHCI 2019 does not cover either traveling or accommodation costs for Student Volunteers. If you need to communicate with us, please always use the firstname.lastname@example.org so that both of us receive it. We are looking forward to meeting all of you!
Joey Chiao-Yin Hsiao, University of Michigan, USA
Fu-Yin Cherng, National Chiao Tung University