Call for Student Volunteers
Student volunteers (SVs) are the lifeblood of what makes a conference run effectively and smoothly, and the same is true of MobileHCI 2022. We are seeking friendly and enthusiastic volunteers to help us ensure the success of MobileHCI 2022! Given this conference will occur in a hybrid format, student volunteers will be needed in-person and remotely. SVs will support daily conference-related activities such as assisting presenters and helping attendees navigate the conference venue.
In return for your valuable time (of around 16-20 hours), you will receive free registration to the conference, a free t-shirt, and other goodies! You will have the opportunity to engage with other like-minded students participating in the SV program and build your research network as well as directly engage with conference attendees and organizers.
Volunteers must be undergraduate, Master’s, or Ph.D. students registered for at least one semester during the academic year before MobileHCI.
To apply to become an SV, please visit here and select MobileHCI 2022. Then, follow the steps to enroll in the lottery.
The SV lottery will open on April 15th and close on July 1st (AoE). Notifications will be sent to selected SVs within 2 weeks of the closing date.
What will I do when I volunteer?
- Complete around 16-20 hours of volunteer work prior to and during the conference which runs from September 28 - October 1, 2022.
- Attend an online orientation session in late July or early August.
- A brief rehearsal session in September.
- Arrive at the conference by Wednesday morning (September 28th) at the latest (in-person SVs only).
- Help with on-site equipment testing (in-person SVs only).
- Help presenters rehearse their talks, demos, or posters.
- Help organize the virtual conference platform.
- Be in contact with the chairs and be a link between organizers and participants.
What do I get in return for being an SV?
- Free registration to the conference.
- Free SV t-shirt to be collected on-site and shipped to remote SVs.
- A virtual thank-you SV party on Saturday, October 1st.
- A cool MobileHCI 2022 Canada-themed care package.
- Ask-me-anything sessions with senior researchers.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact the Student Volunteers chairs
The Student Tee-Shirt Competition
Every year, student volunteers are given a t-shirt designed by one of their own. If you have ideas for designing a creative logo, you should definitely give it a shot! The winner will be offered the opportunity to participate in the conference as a student volunteer! Your name will be acknowledged on the MobileHCI 2022 website.
To participate, please send your designs to the SV chairs (email@example.com) before May 31st, 2022. Here are the requirements to participate:
- You need to be a student.
- The logo should be in the spirit of the conference.
- The logo should be your own creation.
Student volunteers chairs
University of Toronto, Canada
University of Auckland, New Zealand