Call for Student Volunteers
Have you ever dreamed of seeing the background of a top conference? Have you ever wished to be part of the organisation of an innovative scientific event?
Being a Student Volunteer (SV) at MobileHCI ‘21 gives you this opportunity! Not only will you be the face of the conference, you will also help the event running and operating smoothly. You will be part of the staff, supporting presenters, attendees, and organizers handle the event. In a few words, you will be key actors to the success of one of the top conferences in HCI!
As a SV you will get a great opportunity to network as you will meet students and researchers from all around the world. Moreover, by completing around 18 hours of work, you will attend the conference for free, receive a cool t-shirt, and get a lot of other benefits!
||April 15, 2021
||June 17, 2021
||July 1, 2021
Volunteers must be undergraduate, Master’s, or Ph.D. students registered during the 2021 academic year. All students, regardless of discipline, are encouraged to apply.
The SV lottery will open on April 15th and will close on June 17th. To be an SV, please visit https://new.chisv.org/conference, select the appropriate conference, and follow the steps to enroll.
What will I do when I volunteer?
- Complete around 18 hours of volunteer work prior and during the conference- September 27-October 1, 2021.
- Attend an orientation session in July.
- A brief rehearsal session in September.
- Help presenters rehearse their online talks, demos, or posters.
- Help organize the virtual conference platform.
- Be in contact with the chairs and be a link between organizers and participants.
- Participate in designing the SVs' logo for the conference.
What do I get in return as an SV?
- Free conference registration.
- A chance to meet and network with established members in the MobileHCI community as well as your student peers.
- A cool SV MobileHCI 2021 t-shirt.
- A cool MobileHCI 2021 care package.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact the Student Volunteers chairs
Student volunteers chairs
Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Israel
INRIA - Paris-Saclay University, France