MobileHCI2018 is seeking highly motivated student volunteers. As a student volunteer, you are the face of the conference. You will assist chairs, speakers, and attendees. You will play a key role in making the conference a success.
Your duties include:
- Setting up the conference infrastructure (coffee, tea areas, computers, projectors…)
- Running the registration desk (attendees’ packs, badges…)
- Assisting speakers (computers, microphones, directions…)
- Helping conference attendees (where to find the room, toilets…)
- Coordinating with technicians (in case of something goes wrong with the computers…)
- Providing support to activities (demos, workshops…)
In return, you will get:
- An awesome MobileHCI 2018 t-shirt
- Free conference registration, including the meals provided by the conference registrations
- A chance to meet and network with established members in the MobileHCI community as well as your student peers
- A chance to improve your English
As a Student Volunteer, you agree to:
- Attend the SV orientation meeting/s which will be organized during June / July 2018. Overseas students will take part in the meeting/s remotely (online)
- Attend other, more informal meetings, which will be conducted during the conference
- Show up on time for tasks during the conference – at least 15 minutes before the task is due to begin
- Work approximately 8h during the conference
Please note that MobileHCI 2018 does not cover either traveling or accommodation costs for Student Volunteers. However, note that there are funding options for students which are described in the MobileHCI 2018 website.
To apply, you must be an undergraduate, Masters, or Ph.D. student at the time of the conference. No previous experience is required. Students from various disciplines and backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
To apply for participation as a Student Volunteer, please send your application in English (a 2-page CV and a 1-page statement explaining why you want to be a student volunteer) between the 16th of April 2018 and the 16th of May 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org
- April 16th, 2018: application period starts
- May 16th, 2018: application period ends (17:00 PST)
- May 31st, 2018: notification of acceptance