Demos and Experiences
- May 16, 2014: Demos and Experiences Deadline
- June 13, 2014: Demos Notification
- June 27, 2014: Camera Ready
The MobileHCI 2014 Demonstration and Experiences track provides a space for researchers and practitioners to bring hands-on experiences to conference attendees. We want to see and try your:
- Innovative examples of mobile experiences or interactions
We encourage your demonstration to be visually or otherwise appealing and presented it in an innovative way, to attract the participation of attendees.
Demos will shown during a dedicated session at the conference.
Preparing the Submission
Your extended abstract should be submitted by May 16 to the Conference Submission System, using the MobileHCI 2014 Extended Abstracts format.
The submission should include:
- Maximum of four page description (including figures), max 4 MB.
- One page specification of the infrastructural requirements. Please specify which of the default facilities you intend to use and whether you have additional wishes (e.g., a 17” LCD screen). The Demonstrations Chairs will investigate infrastructure and equipment possibilities for the accepted demonstrations.
- Equipment and Resources
Participants are expected to bring the necessary equipment to the conference site with them. By default, the conference will provide:
- One table
- Two chairs
- One poster board with enough space for one A0-sized poster in portrait orientation (if required, please specify)
- One power outlet
- Internet (Ethernet and Wi-Fi)
The chairs will do their best to accommodate requests for additional setup requirements. Please ask!
Confidentiality of submissions will be maintained during the review process. All rejected submissions will be kept confidential in perpetuity. All submitted materials for accepted submissions will be kept confidential until the start of the conference.
Please submit your camera-ready version without any copyright notice. Subsequently, ACM will send you a copyright form, which you have to complete. Once completed, we will provide you with the new copyright information to be put into your paper. You can then submit the final version (including the new copyright notice) through the submission system.
Accepted proposals abstracts (including figures) of the demonstration will be distributed in the electronic conference proceedings. Submission of the final camera-ready version includes and is not complete without giving us permission to distribute your final camera-ready version as described above. This permission is given when submitting the final version of your work via the Conference Review System.
If you have questions about Demos and Experiences for MobileHCI 2014, contact the Demo Chairs Markus Rittenbrunch and Jason Alexander at email@example.com.